My Photo
Name:
Location: PDX, United States

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Iberico

I'd like to think I have better things to do with my time than obsess on my own personal cheese study, but two nightmares in a row on two cheeseless nights have altered my original timeline.

The first wasn't a full blown nightmare, but it was close enough to cause a small dreamy panic attack. I looked in the mirror and noticed not only was my hair much longer than it actually is, but half of it was gray. The next night was worse. My molars kept falling out, many more than I actually have, maybe twenty or so, and it seemed like they were all coming from the left side of my mouth. I didn't know what to do, and I was sure I wouldn't be able to afford the dental bill to replace them.

I woke up at 2 with my heart pounding and couldn't get back to sleep. I checked out a couple of dream analysis websites only to find out my nightmare was a common garden variety. It has multiple interpretations. Either I am on the brink of change or experiencing anxiety.

Since I haven't felt particularly anxious lately, I'm choosing the brink of change interpretation. Not a bad end to a scary dream. But since I really needed a good night's sleep, I decided to continue on with my personal exploration of the impact of cheese on my dreams.

I hit Trader Joe's on the way home from work and picked out a nice Iberico, a Spanish cheese made from combination of sheep, cow and goat's milk. I ate a huge piece before I went to bed and had pretty trivial dreams about doing things like going out to breakfast.

Bon Appetit_, Dream On_

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home