My Photo
Name:
Location: PDX, United States

Friday, March 30, 2007

Pin Up Girl

I didn’t need to wait for the end of the month for my luck to change. Today I found out I got paid a day early, I received my tax return, and most importantly, I won a bathing suit! And from one of my favorite places in Portland, Poppi Swim and Sport, specializing in retro inspired custom made bathing suits. I have already bought two suits from them. They make me feel like a pin up girl. I have brought several of my friends to Poppi, and they have spent so money there that I was beginning to feel like I should get a commission for their purchases.

Not only does winning the suit mark an end to a crappy month, but it's the first thing I've won in almost 20 years. When I was in the third grade, I won a hermit crab that I think might have been dead by the time I took him home. I never observed him move or eat anything.

I am so pleased things are looking up. I choose to take this as a sign of more good things to come.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I *ought* to know far better than this ... After all these years ... But, I'll say it anyway ... Your eyes ... Have and always will be pin-up quality ... Just like the rest of you. -An Overt Admirer

6:14 PM  
Blogger bibliochick said...

Merci.

1:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home