My Photo
Name:
Location: PDX, United States

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

He's Back!

I have made an effort for the past year to stop renaming people in my cell phone. Now I delete them, and that is just would I did to Mr. Calls At 3:36 a.m. last spring. I wish I'd left him in my phone, so that I could be warned that after a six month hiatus, he was calling again. I wouldn't have answered. I have never been interested in or involved with Mr. 3:36. Why does it feel like we've now broken up twice?

Mr. 3:36 told me again that it was his phone that had called me in the middle of the night, not him, that he'd been in Europe all summer and now was back. He said he was being nice and calling me despite my having been out of touch, and implied I didn't deserve it.

Confrontation isn't a real strength of mine, and for awhile, I thought I maybe had been too uptight, and that avoiding him hadn't been a nice thing to do. I told him I'd left my calender at work, but that I would call back when I could look at my schedule and we could make a plan. I guess this rubbed him the wrong way. He said he had a life, too, that maybe we could get together in February of 2008 and hung up on me. I'm sure if he ever calls again, he will say we got disconnected.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, there are such thing as reindeer! I've seen 'em ... Even have pictures.

And, you know what else? Just because there's no Santa Claus doesn't mean there's no Tooth Fairy!

**SHE** is ***REAL*** !!!

xox,
-Dixie J.

5:48 PM  
Blogger bibliochick said...

I know reindeer are real...my family will never let me live that one down!

7:06 PM  
Blogger beth said...

Unbelievable.

11:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home