My Photo
Name:
Location: PDX, United States

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Oudated?

I fully admit I am a lazy blogger.

I don't always have a lot to say and am often lacking the discipline or time to record my thoughts. I had more to blog about when I was depressed, lonely, and had just moved to Portland. I am not sure anyone ever read anything I posted, but it felt good to just get those thoughts out there.

Since then, many new mechanisms for sharing thoughts and feelings have been created. I briefly dabled in Myspace, to stay connected with my Seattle running group, but tired of the unsolicited emails from people I didn't know. I cauciously joined Facebook, and have to admit I wouldn't be involved with J. without it. We had met each other half a year earlier, had a fight about my tomato idea , and that was it. I made him my Facebook friend several months later, and the rest is history.

Twitter annoys me. Maybe one day I will do a take back, but for now, I just don't really see the point. I'm online too much anyway, wasting hours, and feeling shame for updating my Facebook status too frequently. Now that J. is in library school, I have more time on my hands than I'm used to and should probably be writing and blogging more often. It's a little more substantial than saying where you happen to be at a particular time, and I don't care if the format is aging.

1 Comments:

Blogger beth said...

I am subscribed to your blog, so not only do I read, I often read nearly IMMEDIATELY.

So, keep posting!

1:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home