My Photo
Name:
Location: PDX, United States

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Adieu

How do I say goodbye the greatest cat who ever lived? He had more character in one paw than most people do.

Ray was doing so great until about a week ago, when one of his fangs became so loose it was difficult for him to eat. I made an appointment to have it pulled, but he took an abrupt turn for the worse before then, and it was just clear that it was time to go. I had him checked out before I did something I didn't think I could ever do, and put him to sleep. The vet thought that had fractured his jaw yet again, and the only thing that could be done was to was to apmutate half of it. I just couldn't do that to him.

Merci to the folks at Dove Lewis, who went way above and beyond what they needed to do, both in terms of the care they gave Ray, and the support they gave me.

I stayed with Ray throughout the procedure, and he went out purring, which was very much his style.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home