My Photo
Name:
Location: PDX, United States

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Guilty

I was such a huge fan of my cat Ray, possibly the greatest cat whoever lived.

I never meant to get a new cat so soon after he died, but I found Pete in the parking lot of the last library I worked in, and he needed a home. He upgraded his life, moving to Irvington, then to our new house in SE, where he explored the great outdoors once again.

I think he likes men better than women, because he doesn't seem to pay much attention other than when I am in bed. He prefers J., and sometimes I'm jealous. I think he knew I wasn't over Ray.

Recently, he's been sick, and when I am not angry at him for peeing outisde of his litterbox, I am feeling guilty for my distance. I hope this is past us soon, and that it's not too late to be a better mom.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I love this and I so relate. When we lost Mowgli I thought I would never recover. We got Tullie a week after Ailie was born and although she's a sweet, wonderful dog - I've somehow never felt she was MY dog.

10:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home