My Photo
Name:
Location: PDX, United States

Monday, September 04, 2006

Outgrown

This morning I went running past Klickitat Street, where Ramona the Pest, Beezus and Henry Huggins all grew up. I’d known Beverly Cleary was from Portland, and I was really excited to be living in the same neighborhood as the characters I’d enjoyed so much as a kid.

I called my niece as soon as I got home. I was sure she would be as excited me, but she didn’t even recognize the name of the street. When I reminded her, there was a long pause on her end, then she told me she was currently reading the twenty third Oz book. I know my niece is not yet old enough to feel nostaliga for books she used to love, but I felt disappointed anyway.

Books_, Remembrance of Things Past_

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home