My Photo
Name:
Location: PDX, United States

Saturday, June 03, 2006

Something New

I’m having a friend over dinner for tonight. It will be the first time I’ve made anything besides a quesadilla or scrambled eggs in my own kitchen in I don’t know how long.

I haven’t figured out what I’m making yet, but whatever I settle on will be something I’ve never made before.

I came up with this great idea a couple of years ago, in reaccation to the totally opposite approach I previously took to dinner parties. I’d plan a really elaborate menu and give it a trial run a few days before my friends came over. It always turned out so much better the first time that I’d spend the whole second dinner disappointed. It really colored the flavor of these evenings.

Cooking something new for guests saves me from this experience. If whatever I’m making turns out to be less than wonderful, I’m off the hook. How could I have known? I’d never made it before.


Bon Appetit_

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home