My Photo
Name:
Location: PDX, United States

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Spring Cleaning

I am really ready for my spring break next week. I have all kinds of organizational projects I want to work on.

I want to rearrange my kitchen, alphabetize my books, and figure out a better way of organizing my clothes in the one tiny closet I have in my apartment.

When I was thinking about how to go about accomplishing this, I started thinking about cleaning in a broader sense. I love getting rid of crap and giving myself a fresh start.

I decided it was time to clean out my cell phone. My renaming project has gone on long enough. I hesitate to call it a project, actually, since I didn't really know what I was doing when I started and had no idea I would continue it as long as I have. The whole thing began last summer, when someone I trusted entirely revealed himself to be a self-involved, immature ass. I changed his name on my cell phone to something so mean (but entirely true) I'm not even going to share it here. You'll just have to guess. I thought that was it, until I encountered the Misogynist. I loved seeing that name come up when he called. Jackass got entered that same week, and Victim is my latest victim.

I have to say the project has been, at a minimum, a conversation starter. People enjoy looking through the address book on my cell phone. But these names are taking up space, both in my phone and in my life. Besides, I’m afraid I might accidentally call one of these people when I'm trying to call someone else.

Au revoir les messieurs! I wish you greater success in interacting with women in the future.

Lists_,Projects_

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home