My Photo
Name:
Location: PDX, United States

Monday, June 04, 2007

While I Was Sleeping

Despite an ongoing struggle to get a good night's sleep, I often fall asleep in social situations. I can't count the number of times I've had people over for dinner, fallen asleep and woken up a few hours later to find them gone.

I am also skilled in sleeping through concerts. Back in high school, I fell asleep at a Butthole Surfers show and woke up maybe 20 minutes later to find them playing the same chord. More regrettably, I fell asleep when Nivana played my friend's birthday party back in the late 80's. I only woke up once they were done playing, when a friend of mine was taking my shoes off so that I might sleep more comforably.

I once slept through a Primus show. In own defense I will say that I never wanted to go in the first place. It's boy noise; to me, they just sound like a bunch of guys masterbating to the tune of their own egos. My boyfriend at the time was a huge fan of theirs and kept telling me I would change my mind about them if I saw them live. He bought me a ticket without even asking me if I wanted to go. We had several beers before the show, and that kind of sealed the deal. I felt the church nod coming almost as soon as they were on stage. I slept through the entire show, missing the drummer set his own drum kit on fire.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home