My Photo
Name:
Location: PDX, United States

Monday, October 16, 2006

Overdue

For as far back as I can remember, I have cried with great frequency, often prompted by things and feelings that would not generate the same response from others.

I went the past six weeks without crying, which I am fairly sure is a record for me until I broke down this morning. I knew it was coming, that it was only a matter of time before the magnitude of relocating hit me. I am surprised it didn't happen earlier, but I've been really busy.

Today's meltdown was prompted by a trip that may have been a mistake. I spent the weekend with Seattle friends, and while I had a great time, I am now really homesick. I fought off the urge to cry with good success on two separate occasions yesterday, but I knew a tidal wave was coming.When it finally hit, it wasn't triggered by a bad thing at all. I actually cried because someone was nice. I would give today's cry an 8.5 out of 10. I was stunned by the sounds I made, and I shook for a good half an hour. Then I went out and got a hair cut.

I hope I am all cried out for at least awhile, and that the homesickness that I wasn't feeling until the weekend will dissipate soon.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

oooh. sorry about that. We've already discussed our weepy differences - in day to day life I rarely cry, but my move unhinged me and I cried a lot before and some after. I recently had to call my dentist to tell them I had moved, and cried when I hung up. But that was the last time I cried over being moved, and was a couple weeks ago.

I think, for both of us, there's a light. Maybe now that the dam has broken, you can get back to your regularly scheduled cries.

-b

1:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home