My Photo
Name:
Location: PDX, United States

Sunday, October 08, 2006

Pride

I have just built my first successful fire.

It took about an hour to get it going. I didn't have the right ingredients; I had logs, but almost no kindling, and no newspaper. I was really frustrated, almost ready to out and get a fake log. I felt too old to be learning a skill I should have acquired as a girl scout. I was irritated with myself for having always let other people build fires while I sat back and relaxed.

I was dangerously close to feeling sorry for myself when a light bulb went off and I got the bright idea to burn those file folders I never use but always buy when I'm trying to get organized. The fire is now roaring, and I am enormously pleased with myself.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home